Top Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses
Marketing tactics come and go and the landscape is changing everyday. Google updates, Facebook PPC and Google AdWords to name a few. Here are our top marketing ideas for small businesses.
Before we get started we must ask… Do you have a Marketing Plan written? If you don’t have a written plan you need to stop reading now and CLICK HERE. This is the single most important part of the marketing process. We can help. But it is EXTREMELY important to know where you are going in order to get there.
Now that you have your Marketing Plan written here are the top Marketing Ideas for small businesses:
- Website: A solid website is a digital home-base for you business. How does your website look? What are the goals for your website? A well designed website can help you get more leads and increase sales. But, how are you going to promote your website? Just getting a website does not guarantee visitors.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization can be a tricky thing. This is an ongoing activity and you will always be tweaking your site.
- Social Media: The opportunities are endless. It is important to identify what social media site best fits your business and products. Social Media is not a one size fits all channel. You will need to look back to your marketing plan to figure out which one is the best. We recommend starting with one and get really good at it until you add more.
- Content Creation: Have you heard of blogging? Well, this is a form of content creation. You are writing valuable content for your current and potential customers. This is a LONG TERM strategy. You WILL NOT see instant results overnight. You WILL see results if you stick to the plan and stay consistent!
- PPC Pay-Per-Click: This is an effective way to get quick targeted traffic to your business. It can get costly. This is another tactic that you want to refer to your marketing plan.
- Develop a Customer Referral Program: Offer existing customers a free product, free month of service, or some other reward for referring new customers. Remember, word-of-mouth is powerful stuff, so friends telling friends about your business is incredibly valuable.
- Awesome Business Cards. Get yourself some snazzy business cards, then give them to every person you lay eyes on. Every handshake should come with a business card. The more people who find out about your business, the better – even if it’s just a quick glance at a business card.
- Guerilla Marketing. Guerilla marketing emphasizes creativity over budget, and strategies are often cheap and easy to implement, especially when localized. Broadcast your Twitter handle with sidewalk chalk, use an abandoned storefront as a canvas for street art, or plaster custom stickers on urban décor that makes those who stroll by look twice. There’s a ton of room for invention here, and you don’t need a big budget to be successful. We did a massive post about guerilla marketing recently, detailing a bunch of strategies and examples you should check out if you want to learn more!
- Email Marketing. Email marketing is a great way to get new visitors engaged with your business, as well as maintain relationships with your existing customers.
CLICK HERE to get your DIY Marketing Guide.
Need MORE HELP? CLICK HERE NOW for a FREE marketing consultation.