Do you need a Contract Marketing Manager in Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky?
The full-time marketing job is the thing of the past. We have embraced the new Contract Marketing Manager model and we are excited to continue providing our solid marketing services to small businesses throughout the United States.
As a small business owner you will need to determine whether to hire full time employees or use independent contractors. Don’t make the mistake of thinking they are basically the same thing. They aren’t.
Although you pay both kinds of workers to do tasks for you, they are not viewed the same by the IRS. And if the IRS suspects that you are not classifying your workers correctly, they might audit you.
So, why hire a Contract Marketing Manager vs. a Full Time Marketing Manager Employee?
Advantages to hiring a full time Marketing Manager
When you hire a full time Marketing Manager, they will work for you thirty or more hours a week (fewer hours makes them part-time) and will usually have a long-term commitment to you and your business. The advantages to this type of relationship for you, the employer, are:
- These Marketing Manager will feel pride in their position in your company. Most people want the security of a job, but they also want to feel the satisfaction of working for a company that they can call home. They want to feel that they are an important part of the team. If you give them that, they may go the extra mile.
- The hourly wage for a full time employee is often much less, because they have job security.
- You don’t need to scramble to find help when your workload increases. If you only rely on independent contractors and need urgent help, your favorite freelancer might be booked. Or it might cost you a lot more to hire one last minute.
- You don’t have to wear all the hats of your business yourself. Instead you can delegate tasks permanently to others. This frees up your time to do the tasks best suited for you.
- You don’t need to continually train staff on how you like things done. Your employees know you and can do the work without the need for continual direction.
- If you want to take a vacation, you can be assured that someone is holding down the fort for you in your absence.
Disadvantages to hiring a full time Marketing Manager
As you consider whether you want to hire a full time Marketing Manager, you’ll need to consider the downside as well. There are certain requirements that come with having employees:
- Although it isn’t mandatory, most full time employees expect benefits, like health care and vacation time. As you interview potential candidates, they will most likely be interviewing with other companies as well, who offer such benefits.
- You’ll need to pay their salaries like clockwork, even if your business has a lull. In order to cover their paychecks, you’ll need to have a reserve of money in your bank account.
- You’ll have specific payroll paperwork that is legally required. Along with this, you’ll need to withhold your employees’ taxes, social security, and Medicare.
- You are responsible for your employees’ training and professional licensing requirements. These vary from state to state.
Advantages of hiring a Contract Marketing Manager in Cincinnati
Small business owners usually prefer to hire freelance workers for jobs when they need help. There are distinct advantages to sticking only to independent contractors:
- Although you usually pay more per job or per hour, you will most likely save money overall since you aren’t required to pay them any benefits and do not need to commit to a salary.
- You have greater flexibility. When you work with an independent contractor and it isn’t a good match, you simply don’t hire them again. When you have an employee that doesn’t work out, you may need to fire them, which isn’t always easy.
- You can hire the right person for the task needed, contracting someone with a specialized service. They often have many years of experience, so you don’t need to train them.
- They are responsible for their own permits and professional licenses.
Disadvantages of hiring a Contract Marketing Manager in Cincinnati
While hiring independent contractors has many advantages, there are some drawbacks as well:
- You lose some control over how tasks are preformed, because you can’t closely monitor their work. You can guide them, but usually they aren’t on site and will run their business their way.
- They are hired short term, so you might not get the same worker for the next project. They usually operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- They might not have a sense of company loyalty, but are a hired gun for one specific job. They are not part of your staff.
What makes DIYSB the right choice for your Contract Marketing Manager Services in Cincinnati?
We specialize in helping small businesses that want to improve their sales and get better at marketing. DIYSB coaches, consultants, graphic designers, content creators and web designers have one goal in mind. Help your business make more sales. If your business is growing and you are happy, we are happy.
Most DIYSB clients delay or completely defer the hiring of internal marketing staff by hiring us as their outsourced marketing partner. Greater efficiency means greater outcomes for our clients.
What do you get with DIYSB’s SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING DEPARTMENT?
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Plan
- Market Research
- Product Differentiation
- Marketing Budget
- Competitive Analysis
- Website Design or Re-design
- Content Creation
- White Papers
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Sales Systems Planning
- Future Planning
Let’s talk! We will show you how a Contract Marketing Manager in Cincinnati can help your business grow.