Week 8: Monitor Marketing Results
Keeping track of your marketing progress is very important when it comes time to adjust your marketing strategy based on your performance. Compiling good data will help you be able to pivot and make quality decisions based on your sales and marketing efforts. We have worked with a lot of great small businesses over the years and there is no right or wrong way to track your results as long as you do it. Below are the steps that you need to take in order to start tracking your progress.
Sales Cycle for a Service Based product:
- What is your sales goal for the month?
- What is your conversion rate?
- How many appointments do you need to conduct?
- How many appointments do you need to set?
- How many leads do you need to generate?
Sales Cycle for a retail product:
- How are you going to inspire the customer?
- Provide Customer Service/Experience?
- Answer all of their questions?
- How are you going to make the customer feel good about the purchase?
Now that you know what your goals are. Develop a system to track your performance. You will need to identify the areas that you are doing well and the areas that you are struggling. Over time, you business will get better and sales will increase due to a better understanding of your business and products.
List (3) areas you can improve on right now: (Priority from High to Low)
Weekly Goal: Start implementing those changes NOW! By now you are learning a lot about your business. All of these things are helping you get better and make more sales.
Need help setting up a system to monitor marketing results?