Week 4: The Ideal Client (Target Market)
It does not matter what you sell, you need to understand your customer if you want to maximize your sales. Who are you selling to? Why should they buy your product? What do they stand to gain?
1. What problem does your product solve?
2. List all of the types of customers that suffer from problems that your product solves.
3. Think about your market. Today we live in the world of niche. The web is fantastic at delivering personalized products and services, cutting out many of the distribution challenges that previously existed.
- Who is your customer?
particular types of people – high net worth individuals, men, women, golfers, and so on?
- certain geographical locations – Peterborough, The North West, and so on?
- around tight market sectors – manufacturers or accountants, and so on?
4.Look internally at your company.
- Do you have particular areas of expertise?
- Do you have unique knowledge of a specific geographical area?
- Are you better at getting on with certain types of people?
5. What other options are available?
- Why am I uniquely placed to solve the problem?
Weekly Goal: Find out who your ideal client or customer is. Narrow this down and prepare to get good at selling to them.
Need help identifying your ideal client?