Week 17: Testimonials
Testimonials are an extremely important part of the success of your business. On your relationship-building journey, which is lined with credibility and expertise, testimonials from loyal customers are a critical part of the presence of your business.
What is a testimonial?
Testimonials are written or recorded statements that support your credibility and level of expertise. They also strengthen your reputation by expressing the trust that other people have in you and your business offerings.
Why are testimonials so important?
When it comes to all businesses (large and small), the success of the business depends heavily on word of mouth. Testimonials are formal forms of expression that support that concept. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding. Testimonials strengthen the credibility of you and your business and as you know, people will not do business with you if they don’t trust you and find you to be credible.
How to use testimonials most effectively
- Which ones to use: Any time you have a positive interaction with a business associate and they express an interest in any of your business offerings, it is a good opportunity to ask them for a testimonial.
- Verifying if they are sincere: If at all possible, try to verify that the testimonial that you have received from your business associate was actually written by him or her.
- Where to place them: There are many opportune places where you can put your testimonials. You can put them on your blog, website, brochures, sales pages, press releases, direct mail letters, etc.
- Written and video: It is great if you are able to obtain both written and video testimonials.
- Who should write testimonials: It doesn’t need to come from a customer of yours necessarily. Testimonials can come from several different people.
Weekly Goal: Get a testimonial. Start with one and expand as time goes on. Credibility is essential to the success of your business. Strategic and intelligent use of testimonials can go a long way in promoting your business. The more online visibility and stronger reputation you have and continue to maintain, the stronger your business will become.
Need help creating a rock solid testimonial strategy?