Week 15: Social Media Management
Why Social Media for Small Businesses?
As a startup or small business owner, you know there’s a lot to accomplish with limited resources. Traditional marketing can be a drain on your funds. Social media marketing, on the other hand, is pretty low-cost and gives you a direct line to current and prospective customers.
1. Do Your Homework: Behind every exceptional social media campaign is a great strategy: Social media is all about connecting with your audience on an authentic level. To do that, you have to intimately understand your current and potential customers.
2. Coordinate Your Social Channels: If you treat each social media platform as a stand-alone effort, your success will be limited. Your networks should work together to help you achieve your goals. Your website is your brand’s home base. Coordinate your social media efforts to push people to your website where they can buy your product or service. Use your blog to establish your brand’s voice and share information.
3. Get Started, but Start Small: You’ve defined your target audience. Social Media takes time and energy, which are precious resources. Set yourself up for success by starting with a manageable load. I suggest you choose one or two platforms to start with.
5. Create Your Daily Plan: With a steady stream of content in the pipeline, you’re primed to post and engage on social media.
Make a list of the activities you plan to do every day. For example, comment on and/or link content on three different Facebook pages. On Twitter, tweet and retweet 3-5 times per day (you can schedule these).
6. Boost Results With Social Advertising: If you want to accelerate your social media performance, it’s worth your time to explore paid advertising options.
Weekly Goal: When using social media for your startup or small business, the most important thing to remember is that social media is a marathon, not a sprint. Start preparing your plan to produce content and sharing with your community on a regular basis.
Need the right Social Media Management for your small business? We can give you the right social media strategy!