Week 12: Website Images and Video
Have you ever been to a website that just didn’t catch your eye? When building your website you need to pick your images and video carefully. Here is why you MUST do this.
Reasons Why Images are Important
If you have an online store, issue press releases or even just have a Facebook business “page”, then here are reasons to publish images and photos as part of your business marketing tactics.
1. Articles with images get 94% more total views
2. Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%
3. 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
4. In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
5. In an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%) and ratings and reviews (53%)
Does it convey the right feeling? Whether intentional or not, images communicate mood to your audience. Color, background, facial expression, and other less obvious features combine to evoke feelings in a way that may not be obvious at first.
Does it add information? In Broadway musicals, there are no extraneous songs – every song contributes to the storyline, moving the plot forward. They’re substantive and content-rich, not just afterthoughts or embellishments
Is it (at least fairly) unique? The wonderful thing about stock image sites is they make it easy for you to find and buy high-quality images. The terrible thing about stock image sites is they make it just as easy for your competitor — or anyone else — to find and buy the exact same images.
Is it contextually cropped? Contextual cropping can make the difference between an impactful and a ho-hum image. Cropping is especially important for small images, where there’s not much space to communicate.
Weekly Goal: Start producing some new images for your products and website. Your ultimate goal is to have 100% original content that tells the right story about your business. This will take time and money but it will payoff in the long run.
Need to get help with your website images and video? We have you covered!